Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

♡♡ My story ♡♡

Hi! I'm 11 Years Old Turning 12 this year October the 6th.
I was born in 2009, 6th of October, and I live In Rockhampton/Gracemere, Qld, Australia. I was diagnosed with Tourette syndrome 3rd of May 2021. My Tourette's started in 2020 January between February. It was just small head twitches and shoulder shrugs for awhile, till in around February and march the head twitches and shoulder shrugs wouldn't be as active. Mother didn't know what it was but an attention seeking thing so she told me to try and stop so I began suppressing it a lot. She had also once said I was faking which hurt my feelings a lot. Between November and December in 2020, slight aggressive blinking began. I can also remember around new years eve, we were playing a card game, and Father looked at me and said to stop doing it, because it was freaking him out (In a joking way). Between 2021 January and March, Some more movements began, head twitching moving up. My arm slamming out, and some small sounds.2021 March the 10th I was put on sertraline for my depression and anxiety, causing my tics to go off the roof. One night I even had a absence seizure because my tics were so bad, but for some reason it was for 7 minutes. I was in the car when it happened. I was taken to the hospital and stayed there for 5 nights. I was taken off the sertraline and put on new medication for my tics to sooth them, But they normally don't help much. Now, 4th of May, I am struggling with Tourette syndrome but I am slowly getting back on life by going back to school. May I also mention a Doctor that sawn me, said It was only a behavioral disorder. Turns out it was Tourette syndrome!
I am now struggling with Tourette syndrome, as my life has been changed completely. I have to use sippy cups for drinks, I have to be mindful with my dinner, and I can't sleep so well. Sadly, I have many bruises on my knees, legs, chest and face. I am quite scared on what will happened to me in the future and how I'll live life normally, But I have my family and I have Bianca with me through my journey.
Thank you for listening to my story, Love you B and everyone! ♡

Update (10-05-2021): It was around 5pm at camp. I was hiding with my friends for hide and seek. One of them had a sharp pocket knife that he was using to sharpen a stick into a spear. He held it out, but then I had a tic, causing my hand to smack into the knife. I scream in pain as the knife stabbed into my hand. Luckily though I am fine now, but knives are gonna be a difficult one to keep in my life. I have 4 stitches in the cut waiting for it to seal up. <3 Love you guys, Stay safe!

Here is some quotes I have found from celebrities to boost you up ♡
-"It's okie to lose somebody, but don't lose yourself"
-"You will face many defeats in life, but never let yourself be defeated."
-"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
-“I refuse to accept other people’s ideas of happiness for me. As if there’s a one size fits all standard for happiness.”

I will be adding more shortly!